The following list is organized by the release version and cycle equivalent to the PC version. A (?) denotes version's info here is guess-work, possibly incorrect. Known bugs in the latest stable version are listed here. Note: "TU" stands for "Title Update."
||Date of Addition
Bug Fix Update
|May 10, 2013
- Increased the limit for Paintings/Item Frames, Villagers, and Snow Golems in a world.
- Display a message when the maximum Paintings/Item Frames are reached.
- Display a message when the user tries to put an animal in Love Mode when the spawn limits have been reached.
- Display a message when the user tries to spawn an enemy from a Spawn Egg in Peaceful mode.
- Reduced Ghast sound volume
- Fix for explosion lag issue on clients in an online game.
- Fix to remove any Fireballs hanging in the air in a save game.
- Fix to only show the spawn limit message to the player attempting to spawn something.
- Fixed the terrain mipmaps to have the updated version of the gravel texture in them.
- Fix for the spawn limit overrun when shearing or breeding Mooshrooms
- Fix for blocks at the top of the world being unbreakable
Bug Fix Update
|April 16, 2013
- Fix for Silver LIVE profiles getting an error message on loading a save.
- Fix for lighting bug causing unlit areas even when light sources were placed in these areas.
- Fixed slowdown caused by explosions (TNT and Creepers).
- Fixed frame rate slowdown in The End being experienced by some players until the Endercrystals were destroyed.
- Fixed crash when placing lots of Item Frames with Maps inside.
- Fixed collision box issue at the top of Ladders.
- Fixed issues with animals taking damage randomly, or falling through the wooden planks floors.
- Made Dispenser suck water/lava back into an empty bucket.
- Fix for Potion Bottles being launched from a Dispenser.
- Enabled placing Pressure Plates on Nether Fence.
- Fixed an issue with Fire Charges sticking at the edge of the world.
- Change to not be able to place more than the maximum amount of Paintings/Item Frames, rather than removing previously placed ones.
- Stop players from interacting with Item Frames and Paintings when ‘Can Build and Mine’ is disabled.
- Fixed the Custom Skin Animation setting not working.
- Play the correct sound on hitting the Enderdragon.
- Oak Wooden Slabs that existed in the world prior to TU9 are not flammable (Acting as stone slabs). Any type of wooden slab crafted after TU9 are flammable, and cannot be stacked with the aforementioned Oak Wooden Slabs. Intentional feature.
||April 4, 2013
- The End
- The world is not infinite, but has a block placement limit similar to that of the Nether
- Obsidian pillars are generated in a spiral circling an unactivated exit portal
- Ender Dragon
- Ender Dragon breathes 'Ender acid' as well as firing purple Fire Charges(Xbox Exclusive).
- The bedrock shell of the Exit portal spawns when you enter The End but is only activated when the Ender Dragon is killed.
- Ender Crystals
- The crystals on the two tallest obsidian pillars are surrounded by iron bars.
- Spawn eggs (stackable to 16).
- X on maps to show location of the End Portal when someone is in the End.
- Sheep can now regrow their wool by eating grass.
- Re-added beaches.
- Bowls now stackable up to 64.
- Added new music for The End and The Nether from C418
- Blacksmith buildings in Villages now hold chests with loot of the same type as found in Strongholds.
- Added smoother color transitions between biomes.
- Fence Gates can now be opened and closed with Redstone.
- Changed Nether Fortress to make Nether Wart rooms more likely.
- Made Nether Wart spawn randomly wherever Soul Sand is generated in the Nether.
- Allow players to block with a sword when the ‘Can Build And Mine’ option is unchecked by the host.
- Moved six of the twelve music disc quests in the Tutorial World
- Changed the Tutorial world to add climbable Vines, and some of the new items, and removed/reduced the items in the Brewing, Farming and Breeding chests.
- Don't show the achievements warning when loading a creative map that has already been saved in creative mode.
- Reduced the volume of the Ghast sound effects.
- Increased the distance the Ghast's sound effect for shooting a fireball can be heard from.
- Increased the distance jukeboxes can be heard from.
- Improved lighting code performance.
- Improved the loading/saving time.
- Changed the display order in the Minecraft Store to show newest DLC first.
- Added How To Play for The End and Farming Animals.
- Added HUD size options for both splitscreen and full screen modes.
- Added Reset Nether option to force regeneration of The Nether. This is helpful for older saves that didn't have a Nether Fortress.
- Added a toggle for Death Messages.
- Added a toggle to hide or display the animated character in the User Interface.
- Allow individual splitscreen users to have their own settings for HUD.
- 1.2.1 Feature: Vines can now be climbed to ascend and descend.
- 1.2.1 Feature: Fire charge.
- 1.2.1 Feature: Made Dispenser dispense mobs from Spawn Eggs, rather than the egg itself.
- 1.2.1 Feature: Slab recipes give 6 slabs.
- 1.2.4 Feature: Birch and Spruce wood planks, slabs and stairs.
- Wooden Slabs crafted during and after this update are now flammable. Existing Slabs will act as Stone Slabs and will not be stackable with the flammable slabs.
- 1.3.1 Feature: Buckets now stackable up to 16.
- 1.3.1 Feature: Sandstone stairs.
- 1.3.1 Feature: Signs are now stackable to 16.
- 1.3.1 Feature: Sign recipe gives 3 Signs.
- 1.3.1 Feature: Dispensers will now exempt liquids from a filled bucket when given a redstone but do not properly fill empty buckets with a dispensed liquid due to a bug.
- 1.3.1 Feature: Changed Gravel texture from to .
- 1.3.1 Feature: Nether Wart will now grow in the Overworld.
- 1.4.2 Feature: Wooden Button Currently, they cannot be activated by shooting them with arrows, unlike wooden buttons in the PC version.
- 1.4.2 Feature: Item frames.
- 1.4.2 Feature: Stone Button now requires one block of stone instead of two.
- 1.4.2 Feature: Trapdoors can be placed on half slabs and stairs
- 1.4.6 Feature: Nether Brick slabs.
- 1.5 Feature: Nether Bricks can be made by smelting Netherrack.
- Fixed glitch that allowed the player to use a cape on any skin.
- Fixed fireballs causing a freeze while entering the Nether.
- Fixed crash with Ender Pearls.
- Fix for Cave Spider size.
- Fixed Experience Orb pickup sound not having pitch variance.
- Fixed a crash when attaching Glowstone to Pistons.
- Fixed a render update problem on the end of world chunks.
- Stop the player animation for eating happening in the Change Skin menu
- Arrows from a bow cannot activate wooden buttons.
- Xbox Live Silver Members sometimes may not be able to load old saves and even new games in this update.
- Some areas of a world are pitch black and are unable to be lit with torches.
- Oak Wooden Slabs will not catch fire or burn, but Birch and Spruce Slabs will catch fire and are flammable.
- Dispensers will not suck a liquid back into an empty bucket when given a redstone pulse, but rather dispense the bucket as an item instead.
- Players not dying immediately after being blown up from a Creeper, instead being able to walk around for a short time before the death screen appears.
- Mobs will sometimes glitch through walls, or barriers.
- Vines cannot be climbed in some cases.
- Blowing up more than three TNT blocks at a time will slow down, and eventually crash, the game.
(Bug Fix Update)
|January 30, 2013
- Blazes drop 0-2 Glowstone Dust when killed.
- Added awkward potion to the creative menu
- Changed “Download Content” menu to “Minecraft Store”.
- New photo frames for avatar items in the Minecraft Store.
- Experience now has proper sound effect and effects.
- Fix for random crash on Kick Player.
- Fix for a random crash on loading the tutorial.
- Fix for freeze when writing on a sign as an autosave starts.
- Fix for crash when attempting to enter an online enabled game session after losing connection to the Xbox LIVE service.
- Performance improvement for the Enchantment interface.
- Fix to display a message when monsters are nearby on trying to sleep in a bed.
- Fix for an issue causing blocks to reappear after being destroyed when the server is busy.
- Fix for Experience Orbs being invisible for a period of time when created.
- Fix to force a Nether Fortress, possibly parted or slivered, Blaze Spawner and Nether Wart to always be present in the Nether for a newly created world.
- Fix for autosave not working when the host has gone into an idle state.
- Fix to increase the spawn rate for Mooshrooms.
- Fix to player experience level display in two player vertical splitscreen mode.
- Fix for Quick Move not being possible while holding something in the cursor.
- Fix for armor position on Bad Santa when sat down.
- Fix for Magma Cube hit boxes.
- Fix to show the aura of enchanted items for other players in an online game.
- Fix for tools enchanted with Unbreaking occasionally repairing themselves.
- Changes to improve breeding – Love Mode status is now network synchronized, and animals react more correctly if spawn limits are reached when breeding.
- Fix for issue with “Take Half” in the Brewing Stand interface.
- Fix to allow the map to be displayed when the player has turned off Display Hand.
- Fix for potion effects being removed after using the Nether Portal.
- Fix to stop the item in hand being changed when traveling to/from the Nether.
- Fix for Compass not pointing to the original spawn point after having been in The Nether.
- Fix to allow players to be able to eat food even if they are not allowed to build and mine.
- Fix to allow client players to toggle Custom Skin Animation.
- Fix for player gamertag border color being wrong after a respawn/dimension change.
- Fix for issue in splitscreen where it was possible to craft items without a player having the resources required.
- Fix to remove the Love Mode tooltip when animals are unable to enter Love Mode.
- Change to moderator option description in the Host and Player Options.
- Fix for the submerged edge of the world emitting a faint light.
- Fix for lighting issue with mobs in water.
- Fix to stop food being removed when feeding animals in Creative Mode.
- Fix to stop Bones being removed when taming wolves in Creative Mode.
- Change to make baby wolves tame when born.
- Fix for Blaze Rods not being identified as fuel for a furnace.
- Fix for issue with sky lighting values making bedrock layer fully lit.
- Entering the Nether may crash the game.
- Blocks may now disappear after placed when the server is busy.
||December 19, 2012
- 1.0.1 features
- 1.4.6 Feature: Item name appears above hotbar when switching to it.
- Phases of the moon added
- In creative mode, hostile mobs don't go after the player, unless attacked.
- Potion brewing 
- 1.1 Feature: Bows are enchantable
- Experience 
- 1.3 Feature: Based on newer Enchanting system. Maximum level for enchantment is 30 instead of 50 but the player can surpass level 50 and go up over 100.
- 1.3 Feature: You'll receive experience from smelting and/or mining ores (e.g. iron ingots when smelting, redstone ores when mining).
- 1.4 Feature: Experience from breeding.
- Animal Breeding
- New biome:
- New mobs:
- New Nether generation
- New items/blocks
- Ender Pearls can now be thrown to teleport in Survival and Creative mode (will take damage upon landing)
- New tutorial world with new biome
- New mini-tutorials for new features
- Updated new music disc quest in the Tutorial world
- Skin-related animation for Skin Packs
- Option to disable skin animation
- Added Avatar Items to the download context menu.
- How to play: new section to brewing, enchantment, and breeding
- Fences now attach to adjacent blocks.
- Some players cannot sleep in Beds
- Although announced players cannot climb vines
- Some players cannot look in different directions after spawning
- Hotbar may not appear
- Hand may not appear, even when 'Display Hand' is on
||1.8.2 Bug Fix Update
||November 15, 2012
- Quick command to clear the hotbar in Creative mode. (X Button)
- Toggle to turn Void fog on and off. Fog is disabled by default. Void fog is dependant on the game's Hosts's settings.
- Option to disable HUD and appearance of player hand in graphics settings.
- Cakes are now stackable.
- Added a How To Play page for Host and Player options.
- Fence collision box decreased to size of fence block
- Fix for renaming save files.
- Fix for worlds created pre-1.8.2 crashing because of signs.
- Missing golden apple and pumpkin seeds crafting recipes.
- Golden Apple recipe will use gold ingots in place of nuggets.
- Fix for respawning players appearing on maps while "Gamertag Display" is disabled.
- Fix for water and lava buckets in Creative mode not having infinite uses as intended.
- Fix for mob generation code to spawn more animals in the world.
- Fix for chests being incorrectly lit and placed on worlds created before the 1.8.2 update.
- Fix for eating animation showing on players who weren't eating.
- Fix for chest lids not behaving properly.
- Fix for game sounds not playing when player has an empty hand.
- Fix for mobs appearing to take damage when they aren't.
- Fix for Lever and Fence Gate sounds.
- Fix for Leader of the Pack achievement being incorrectly rewarded.
- Fix for Leaderboard stats.
- Fix for hitbox issues with Glass Panes and Iron Bars 
- Fix for the small-character display turning green.
- Fix for splitscreen players having settings set to zero.
- Fix for issues with rendering with clouds disabled, and rendering blocks at the edge of the map.
- Fix for splitscreen players not being able to mine in the tutorial.
- Fix for players not being able to Sprint in creative after saving in survival with a low hunger bar.
- Fix for PvP damage from arrows while PvP is disabled 
- Fix for pressure plates not working correctly when activated.
- Fix for the low food bar hint appearing during a creative game.
- Removed player shadow from the Host while Host Invisibility is enabled 
- Fix for red flowers not spawning in world generation.
- Fix for paintings being pushed by pistons 
- Fix to prevent players who can't eat due to Trust Players being turned off do not get exhausted.
- Fixed an issue with the interface disappearing after using the Facebook Share tool.
- Fix to limit the number of Slimes, Ghasts, and Silverfish that can be spawned in the world.
- Fix to prevent the cursor from going offscreen in creative mode.
- Fixed issues with capes:
- Not displaying correctly while sprint-flying
- Not displaying while in the Nether
- Not displaying when the player respawns
- Fixed bows in Creative Mode so that they do not consume ammo when fired 
- Reduced the volume of the chest opening/closing sound effect 
||Beta 1.8.1 (Called Beta 1.8.2)
||October 16, 2012
- Added Huge Mushrooms.
- Disabled achievements and leaderboard updates if the player is in Creative mode, or if the world has been previously saved in Creative mode.
- Added a simple tutorial for Creative mode.
- Added flying and sprint-flying to Creative mode.
- Added new items and blocks to the game - Melon, Melon, Melon Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Raw Beef, Steak, Raw and Cooked Chicken, Rotten Flesh, Iron Bars, Fence Gate, Stone Bricks, Stone Brick Slabs, Stone Brick Stairs, Brick Slabs, Brick Stairs, Ender Pearls, Webs, Vines, 10 more Music Discs, Sponge and Chain Armor.
- Added new items to the Crafting Menu - Melon, Melon Seeds, Glass Panes, Fence Gates, Iron Bars, Stone Bricks, Stone Brick Slabs, Stone Brick Stairs, Brick Slabs, Brick Stairs.
- New biomes - Swampland, Ice Plains, Extreme Hills, and Ocean.
- Removed biomes - Rainforest, Seasonal Forest, Savanna, Shrubland, and Tundra.
- Changed the Bow to have drawing and firing action.
- Added quick move to the Dispenser.
- Added quick equip for armor to the inventory interface.
- Brought forward quick move for the furnace interface from 1.2.5.
- Brought forward the mining speed changes from 1.2.3
- Brought forward apples dropping from leaf blocks from 1.1
- Brought forward change from 1.2.3 to make pumpkins and melons grow from stems much faster, and not require farmland around the stem to grow on.
- Fix to vines brought forward from 1.2.3 to stop them spreading too much.
- Added food bar and hunger.
- Added the eating animation.
- Brought forward shapeless mushroom stew recipe from 1.3.1.
- Added the blocking move with swords.
- Changed all the text descriptions for food to show how much they refill the food bar.
- Passive mobs will now flee when hit.
- The snout on pigs now protrude from their head.
- Skeletons now hold full size bows.
- Animals no longer despawn which makes it possible to capture them.
- Zombies now drop Rotten Flesh instead of Feathers.
- Updated some mob sounds.
- Shears can now collect tall grass and the new vine.
- Improved sunrise and sunset.
- Improved the rain edges (when looking up in rain).
- Added Bedrock fog.
- User-placed leaf blocks no longer decay.
- Cloud height raised to the top of the map, so clouds can no longer phase through blocks.
- Cloud movement syncs with the game's time.
- Pressure plates can now be placed on fences.
- Improved chest model with a 3D lock, and opening and closing animation.
- Added a countdown timer to the auto-save to stop it from being a surprise.
- Added the ability to rename an existing world.
- Added map icons to the in-game player list to match their color in the map.
- Added a confirmation dialog on the player choosing to exit without saving.
- Added a character display when sprinting or flying.
- Updated the How to Play HUD with food bar information.
- Added descriptions for Creative mode and sprinting to the How to Play menus.
- Updated the Download Content menu with pictures of the DLC available.
- Added death messages.
- Removed the void by making it impossible to break the bottom/top layer of bedrock.
Tutorial World changes & additions
- Changed the Tutorial world to enable the new terrain features in it.
- Added mini tutorial for sprinting in the Tutorial world.
- Added mini tutorial for eating in the Tutorial world.
- Added music disc quests in the Tutorial world - players can search the world for the 12 chests, each containing one of the music discs that can be played in a jukebox.
- Fix for duplication glitch.
- Fix for aspect ratio of things in hand when in splitscreen mode.
- Fix for issue with player data not saving (player starting world with no items they had when they saved).
- Fix for redstone tiles burning out when they shouldn't.
- Fixed issue with Minecart with Furnace not being able to move another Minecart.
- Fixed particle code for flipped 3rd person view.
- Animation for using your empty hand with LT doesn't show the animation of your hand nor does it play any sound (except for chests).
- Grass Blocks have a different hue in the Creative menu.
- Villages can generate at the edge of the world with buildings cut in half.
- If the host is eating food while playing with another player, the other player will have the eating animation on their fist.
- Items that can be crafted from a single block (i.e. wooden planks, diamond) can be duplicated with a crafting table.
- Mobs sometimes play the bone-breaking (fall damage) sound when jumping.
- Bow charging animation in 3rd person view is incorrect.
- Creative Bugs:
- When looking at a map on a boat, the map becomes a half-inverted (?) colour.
- Destroying the top half of a door in Creative drops another door.
- There is no way to delete an item from the Creative mode inventory.
||Beta 1.7.3 (Bug Fix)
||August 7, 2012
 1.1 (Bug Fix)
- Fix for a crash with pistons at the edge of the world
- Fix for a crash due to a thread safety issue usually caused by pistons
- Fix for issue with operating pistons on chunk boundaries
- Fix for a rendering flicker with active pistons
- Fix for rendering slowdown due to lighting issues
- Fix for rain going through blocks (raining indoors)
- Fix for Marketplace not launching when unlocking skin pack after selecting a locked skin in the trial version of the skin pack
- Fix for bug allowing locked skins to be selected if they are beside a free skin
- Fix for misaligned player scores when viewed under the "My Score" leaderboard filter
- Fix for the constant button press sounds when rotating a character in the skin select screen
- Fix for the constant sound effect played on the sign text entry
- Fix for thunder not being audible
- Fix for third person front view not displaying fire.
||July 13, 2012
- Added Character Skin Selector to allow players to choose their skin from the default skins, or from downloadable Skin Packs.
- Added lighting improvements (backported from Beta 1.8.1 of the computer version) and snow & rain improvements.
- Added a save file cache to improve the speed of displaying the saves list.
- Added ban list functionality to allow players to self-ban from levels they feel contain offensive content.
- Added a ban list section to the How To Play menus.
- Added an option for the host to limit online games to only players in their friends list (no friends of friends).
- Added a seed display to the level load screen (requires existing levels to be saved out again to add the display).
- Changed the tooltip display setting to in-game tooltip display, so that tooltips always display in menus.
- Added the crosshair to the list of things affected by the opacity slider.
- On using the quickselect bar, the opacity of the quickselect, tooltips, splitscreen gamertag display, and crosshair will be set to 80, and will fade back down to the user opacity setting after 6 seconds of no quickselect bar use.
- Added some more Tips & Trivia to the loading/saving screen display.
- Added the new textures for cooked porkchop and dispenser that were added in Beta 1.8 and 1.2.1 respectively.
- Added ridged lines in iron blocks, and minor changes to other ore blocks added in 1.0.0.
Tutorial World changes & additions
- Added optional tutorial for pistons and redstone.
- Added a self-building bridge to the castle using pistons.
- Added some sugar cane, cacti and clay to the world.
- Added a few other things for players to discover.
- Fix for only the host being shown the pop-up when any player attempts to place lava near the spawn point.
- Fixed tooltip for flint and steel.
- Fix for note blocks not showing notes.
- Fix for Leaderboard reads taking too long.
- Fix to block players re-entering a level they have been kicked from, until the level is restarted.
- Fix to stop players being able to join a game when they are not a friend of any player in the game.
- Fix for netherrack re-appearing after being mined.
- Fix for a rare crash on entering the Nether.
- Fix for attacking enemies at a different level not damaging them (e.g. Attacking a pig while it's standing in grass will now hit it).
- Fixed a problem causing some save games not to load.
- Fix for stone not being able to be picked up when mined.
||Beta 1.6.6 (Bug Fix)
||June 15, 2012
 1.0 (Bug Fix)
- Added an autosave, and the ability to turn autosave off, or set it from 15 minutes up to 2 hours in 15 minute steps.
- Split the sensitivity controls into an in-game sensitivity and an in-menu sensitivity.
- Added an Interface Opacity slider in the settings for plasma screen users.
- Added a gamertag display in splitscreen, and the ability to enable/disable it in the settings.
- Added an option in the settings menu to enable/disable in-game hints.
- Added an option in the settings menu to enable/disable tooltips.
- Added a co-ordinate display to the in-game map.
- Added new sections in the How To Play on Multiplayer, Sharing Screenshots, and What’s New.
- Added a warning message when attempting to place lava near the spawn area.
- Fix for the leaderboard crash when toggling between filters/leaderboards.
- Fix for server disconnect message appearing when offline or in leaderboards.
- Fix for issue where posting a screenshot to Facebook caused a back out to the main menu.
- Fix for clay generation.
- Fix for ‘Awaiting Approval’ showing all the time on some signs.
- Various crafting menu fixes.
- Fix for being able to stand on sugarcane.
- Fix for intermittent crash on saving.
- Fix for duplication bug with the furnace and the dispenser.
- Fix for not being able to place water near the spawn area.
- Fix for intermittent problem on entering the Nether putting the player above the Nether world.
- Fix for frame-rate drop around the edge of the world.
- Fix for intermittent problem where some achievements were not being awarded.
- Fix for graphical issue with stairs.
- Fix for issue with enemies spawning inside a house when they shouldn’t.
- Fix for Zombie Pigmen not being counted for leaderboard scores.
- Fix for nether portal not being shown on screen after use.
||May 9, 2012
- First release, ported to Xbox as Minecraft Beta 1.6.6
- Beta 1.6.6 PC features
- Uses the newer game sounds from "The Sound Update"
- One 1.0.0 feature (face view)
- Tutorial mode added.
- Up to 4 players locally (requires HDTV A/V + HDMI or component cable)
- Up to 8 players online
- Simplified crafting system
- Pouring water from a bucket may cause it to either leave an extra water source, or leave no water source when pouring the water out, sometimes you can pick up the water source by picking it up in the same spot you have poured it over.
- Crafting a cake does not return the buckets.
- Passive mobs sometimes can't be damaged when they are standing in tall grass.
- Stairs sometimes appear as a full block.
- Spiders will sometimes lose their ability to move when they are hit in tall grass.
- Game crashes whenever 2 (and possibly more) players finishing mining the same block.
- Game crashes whenever a player changes a filter to what might be Worldwide.
- Sugarcane are solid (You can't walk through them).
- Mobs sometimes do not take damage when hit on the legs and your tool's durability is lowered.
- Sometimes the game freezes while saving the world.
- Sometimes the game freezes when a player enters a Nether Portal.
- When you try and save the game when one or more people are in a different dimension, it can crash.
- If you try to join a game from a game invite when you are already in a game, it will sometimes freeze.
- If your saved game is on the cloud and you lose your connection to Xbox Live, the game defaults to player 1 and the hard drive. (Meaning that if you are playing split screen and you are using player 2's world, it will transfer ownership of the world to player 1.)
- Taking a screen shot when not playing an online game (unchecking the online checkbox when loading world) will cause the game to disconnect from the server, losing all unsaved data.
- Sometimes when opening the crafting area and either going through, or quitting the crafting tutorial will cause the game to freeze.