(The Horse Update)
1.6: The Horse Update
- Resource pack system
- Replaces the texture pack system.
- A conversion tool which converts texture packs into resource packs was released by Dinnerbone and is available here.
- Can combine multiple resource packs.
- Can contain:
- New "missing texture" texture
- Attribute system
- Item attributes using NBT tags:
- Attributes can be additive, subtractive and multiplicative using a set value
- Some items have default modifiers in place of previously hard-coded attributes
- Examples of possible changes players could make: A bow that slows the holder, a helm that buffs health, etc.
- Entity attributes:
- These properties can now be changed as easily as any other NBT attribute
- Entity speed, base health, base attack
- Other properties like weapon damage/bow draw speed/sword swing speed are yet to follow
- Splash screens
- "What's up Doc?"
Improvements & changes
- Support for Java 5 and PowerPC users will be dropped
- If you have a PowerPC based computer and/or Java 5 installed, a warning will be shown at the main menu.
- Internal chat system
- Lots of messages should be translated now that were not previously
- Messages are now better modularized
- Server messages can be sent by their code-defined name, allowing the client to utilize the correct translation according to their language settings
- Color can be specifically designated, preventing leakage into further messages
- Increases performance and stability
- Allows LWJGL to be updated, fixing many launcher bugs
- Supports multiple versions/installs
- Self updatable.
- New password storing system 
- More user friendly.
- A major step towards the Plugin API.
- Status effects
- Health Boost effect
- Gives player 4 () base health; extra health vanishes when the effect ends
- Can be acquired ingame by the command /effect <playername> 21 <duration in seconds> <amplifier>
- Absorption effect
- Gives player 4 () "absorption" health that cannot be replenished by natural regeneration or other effects, but would return every 30 seconds, regardless of the state of the rest of the health bar; extra health vanishes when the effect ends
- Can be acquired ingame by the command /effect <playername> 22 <duration in seconds> <amplifier> or by eating either tier of Golden Apple
- Spreads certain players from an origin point
- Has a Max Spread and Minimum Distance from player to player
- Can be used with the teams scoreboard functionality to spread team members to the same location
- Toggles natural health regeneration
- Toggles the day-night cycle (the sun stops moving and stays where it is)
Improvements & changes
- Riding mounts
- When riding a mob, its health is on the Heads-up display
- When riding on an entity, dismounting has changed from right-clicking the entity to using the Sneak key (⇧ Left Shift by default)
- Boat controls have been changed from the A, S, and D keys to mouse control
- Respiration enchantment
- Now also helps seeing underwater
- Changed the idea of mob difficulty
- Regional difficulty: The longer you spend in one area, the harder it gets
- Scales with difficulty - items, enchants or AI improve with difficulty
- Added extra tooltip info in the search tab for the creative inventory, which shows what category a block/item is in
- Tooltips for swords, pickaxes, shovels, axes, and potions show how much damage the sword/tool does and what effect a potion will give
Blocks & items
- Horse Armor
- Horse Spawn Egg
- Works like any other spawn egg
- Just like naturally spawned Horses, these Horses will have one of seven base colours and one of five variations of markings
- Sometimes a Donkey will be spawned instead
- Hay Bale
- Can be placed in all orientations
- Crafted with wheat in a 3x3 arrangement
- Can be used to bind mobs to fences or lead them around
- Right click mob first, then right-click fence or right-click the mob again to get the leash back
- Crafted with 4 string and 1 slimeball, yields 2 leads
- Crafted with 2 colors of wool in a horizontal line, yields 3 carpets
- Can be placed on any block (even translucent ones)
- Name Tag
- Found in dungeon chests
- Name it with an anvil then right click a mob to name animals
- Hardened Clay
- Stained Clay
- Block of Coal
- Crafted with 3x3 coal.
- Crafted only with coal, not charcoal.
- Can be used as furnace fuel and smelts 80 items, more than 9 coal (72 smelted items).
Improvements & changes
- Retextured, with more brown shading to differentiate from coal
- Lapis Lazuli Block
- Retextured subtly, it now has a border around it
- Are now used for both horse and pig 
- Redstone Comparator
- Now give out a signal for Cauldrons and End Portal frames depending on their state
- Cauldrons give from zero signal (empty) to three signal strength (full) depending on water inside
- End Portal frame varies between zero and fifteen signal strength, depending on if an Eye of Ender is present
- Golden Apple
- Golden apples now require gold ingots instead of gold nuggets to craft
- Golden apples now give Regeneration II for 10 seconds and both tiers give Absorption for 1 min 30 seconds
- Glistering Melon
- Glistering melons now require 8 gold nuggets
- Balanced potions to improve gameplay
- Instant Health nerfed by 33% (heals only 4 health points/2 hearts at level I)
- Regeneration nerfed by 50% (takes 50 ticks/2.5 seconds to restore 1 health point/.5 heart at level I)Verify
- Invisibility potions now work better with teams
- Spawn Eggs
- Must be tamed before use
- Ridable by right-clicking them with a saddle - Hold the jump key to fill up their jump bar, release it to jump accordingly, steer them by using the usual movement keys - maximum movement speed and jump height differ between horses
- Have various amounts of maximum health - Regenerates naturally, but wheat can be used to speed it up
- When killed they drop leather, as well as any equipment that they were wearing
- Can be bred using wheat - Baby horses can be grown using apples, golden apples and wheat
- There is a Zombie and Skeleton version of the horse included in the code, although they require NBT editing to view in game
- Creation assisted by DrZhark
- Like horses, but smaller and grey, and can carry chests on their saddles that can be opened if sneaking and then right-clicking the donkey or mule. The chest has 15 inventory slots.
- Similar to donkeys, just brown and taller than a normal donkey
- Obtained by breeding a horse and a donkey
- Can wear chests on their saddles, just like donkeys
- Not breedable with horses, donkeys, or other mules
Improvements & changes
- Now have a small chance to spawn additional zombies when damaged or not being looked at
- Able to lock onto the player from much further away.
- Mobbing zombies can now move when further than 32 blocks from player.
- Now have a chance to spawn with potion effects
Improvements & changes
- No longer contain water lakes
- The Nether
- Added chest generation in Nether Fortresses
- Fixed 57 Bugs:
- MC-73 - Green arrow bug on maps in frames
- MC-483 - Keyboard Unresponsive on OS X
- MC-507 - Teleporting to Large Numbers Creates a Broken Error
- MC-552 - Command block choosing wrong people / Selecting players cross-dimensional
- MC-590 - Mobs not realizing they killed their attacker and trying to attack empty space
- MC-671 - Minecarts with Furnace consume coal in creative mode
- MC-820 - Death messages in english regardless of the selected language (Multiplayer)
- MC-1124 - Mouse "Back" and "Forward" open menu in windowed mode.
- MC-1126 - Server Command "/whitelist list" doesn't display the full list of players
- MC-1202 - Mobs spawn and then quickly despawn in peaceful. Looks like the "ender-porting-out-of-water" effect.
- MC-1320 - Dogs wont stop snarling after punched by someone else
- MC-1497 - Damaged Anvils do not show damage in inventory or item frame
- MC-1903 - Console Command and Set Console for Block in Command Block merges when in windowed mode
- MC-1980 - Zombie villagers are able to despawn during curing process
- MC-2097 - You can't get "The End?" achievement
- MC-2200 - Sleeping while in a Minecart produces a graphical glitch
- MC-2419 - Persistence Required Tag Freezes Mobs
- MC-2559 - Squids taking damage while in water
- MC-2692 - Hard to spawn Squids
- MC-3090 - Unable to play game unless LWJGL is manually replaced
- MC-3695 - Boats/Minecarts and Ender Pearls don't mix
- MC-3737 - Placing Water Source into some blocks yields no drops
- MC-3798 - 3D Anaglyph Biome Colour Corruption
- MC-3960 - After the last use of a bow you get a glitch bow that when dropped and picked up again duplicates
- MC-4631 - Lava decay fails to schedule block update
- MC-4822 - Skeletons attacking like zombies when hit in creative
- MC-6721 - Ctrl + Alt + Esc crashes minecraft
- MC-7134 - Silverfish breaking blocks when "mobGriefing" is set to false
- MC-8073 - Switching from windowed to fullscreen and back moves the point of view
- MC-8220 - Water/Lava from Bucket replacing Ladder
- MC-9317 - /scoreboard syntax missing (/help scoreboard)
- MC-9355 - Argument "team" do not work with "!" for other players
- MC-9917 - In multiplayer screen holding shift and pressing "down" without selecting any server crashes the game
- MC-10601 - Cant use scroll wheel in crash reports
- MC-11033 - Item count / numbers randomly flickering in item bar, inventory, workbench
- MC-11199 - Eye of Ender does not always lead to the nearest Stronghold
- MC-11385 - Scoreboard problem with "seeFriendlyInvisibles"
- MC-11439 - Memory leak switching texture packs
- MC-11595 - 1.5 HD Texture pack stitched images greater than 2048 resolution result in massive performance drop.
- MC-11605 - Certain death message will print "null" as the player/mob name that caused the death
- MC-11765 - Command Blocks breaking easily in survival
- MC-12017 - Can get permanently stuck in a minecart in a nether portal
- MC-13177 - New Client and Server Outputs Increase Loading Time
- MC-13276 - Zombies with increased health don't deal damage
- MC-14218 - Minecraft can't handle 4096x4096 or larger cloud textures
- MC-14757 - Stacked Entity Spawner creating mass duplicate ghost entities
- MC-14926 - Cannot use resolution clock and compass textures with resolutions higher than 16x16
- MC-15145 - Receiving very high amount of damage at once creates ghost mode in multiplayer
- MC-15732 - Achievement "We Need to Go Deeper" rewarded for going through an End Portal
- MC-16530 - When under resistance effects above 5, /kill command does not work.
- MC-16554 - lang files for en_US is grammatically incorrect at death.fell.finish.item
- MC-17037 - No error report when minecraft crashes
- MC-17280 - Freezes When Moving
- MC-17701 - Fire Animation Jumps and skips frames.
- MC-18088 - Sticky and unregistering keys during normal Minecraft play only, AMD processor driver conflict?
- MC-18324 - Text misplaced on Direct connect, Rename World screen
- MC-18483 - Shift clicking on the destroy item button in multiplayer doesn't work.
|26th week of 2013