Russian Messages
Whoever is writing these Russian messages should be banned. If you want proof, log into Google Translate and see what the messages say. They definitely shouldn't be on the wiki.
From russian note: this message posted by vandal. It contains uncensored words and text. I recommend ban this user. (sorry for bad english)
i dont think we need this page untill we get more info. Although, i do think a "pinnocho on a broom" would be crazy! –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (Talk) 22:59, 18 September 2012 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
 2 things.
Lets keep this page, and dinner bone said, "I decided to go for a less traditional witch look and have an "offshoot villager" kinda thing. It has a magical nose that wiggles, too." –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (Talk) 23:27, 18 September 2012 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
 About foreign wiki list
At all who edit the list of the other foreign wiki please don't move italian wiki to the down because we're the first wiki after this who have created the article about the Witch --Raffox97 05:04, 19 September 2012 (UTC)
- The interwiki links get sorted by prefix (more or less), not according to which wiki created their page on a subject first. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 05:20, 19 September 2012 (UTC)
 Editing tip
New editors: For upcoming features like this, remember to always write in past tense, not future. Otherwise people will have to change it. So save other people's time, and write it in the correct style in the beginning so we don't have to clean up after you. --M0rphzone(talk) (*How to remove sidebar*) 21:31, 19 September 2012 (UTC)
 drinks her own potions
i was messing around with the witch and what i was able to find out is she drinks potions i threw her in lava and then i heird the potion drinking sound and she was not getting damage't anymore and when i killed one i got a potion of instant health as drop maybe because she was drinking one of them and i killed her while doing so –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (Talk) 16:10, 20 September 2012 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
 Which splash potions are they immune to?
I'm surprised this has not been asked before, as the statement "immune to certain splash potions" glaringly begs the question of which ones. Cultist O 19:09, 20 September 2012 (UTC)
Do witches spawn naturally because I can't find any. Are they just rare like villages or pyramids or do they just not spawn?
- Reading the article should tell you that they do not yet spawn without using creative mode spawn eggs. (Check the information under "spawn" two lines below the picture at the top of the page) Cultist O 06:48, 27 September 2012 (UTC)
- Saw 3 witches inside a sandstone pyramide (normal pyramide with a tnt trap) at swamp biome >_< just now (1.4.2) then found an empty witch's hut ~2000 blocks away. May be spawn code is buggy atm?
I've been camping out near a witch hut for over a dozen game days and no witch. Anyone know the spawn rules? PhilHibbs 19:55, 10 November 2012 (UTC)
- My version being 1.4.6 & playing on hardcore mode, I keep finding empty witches huts during the daytime, but when I wander away & come back at night, two witches jump out and murder me. I've harvested the cauldron during the day, and upon returning at night, the witches still spawn, so it's OKAY to take the cauldron, it won't stop them from spawning. Not sure about the potted mushroom or the work bench though, although I really doubt the work bench triggers anything, next time I'm gonna grab their mushroom and see if that does anything. I've shied away from damaging the huts as well, so I don't know if modifying the structure does anything. Hopefully we can actually build huts that can spawn them from scratch if we can figure out all the necessary components/dimensions/biomes/etc. Since I've only seen them during hardcore mode, I don't know what the minimum difficulty they spawn at is. Since the huts have always been empty for me during the day, they might respect light levels 8 and higher & refuse to spawn like other hostiles, or they might only spawn at night, or both! A simple solution to get them to spawn is to wait till night, then just go far enough away that the monsters around the hut despawn, then come back super fast. Also, you may want to avoid lighting up the area around the hut, or maybe encase it in some light-blocking construction, depending on what their SPECIFIC spawning rules turn out to be. Needs more testing really, but hey, leaving everything dark, waiting till night, then running super far away and coming back real fast is the best advice I can give given the information at hand. Will be back when I find out something more specific with my testing.MinersAlmanac 08:43, 3 January 2013 (UTC)
 12w40b - spawning in witch huts
I have finally found a witch hut on a newly generated map, but so far (2 minecraft days) no witch spawned in / near it. I am wandering around the hut at various distances to give her a chance, but with no luck so far. Anybody seen a witch to actually spawn on its own in the hut? Zyzyzyryxy 19:18, 8 October 2012 (UTC)
I sure havn't. 220.127.116.11 17:57, 22 October 2012 (UTC)
I'm guessing from what I read later in this Discussion section that, if it's like Nether Fortresses - no single "block," that Spawns them - then it's sort of like those: Rarely I'll see a Blaze, or Wither Skeleton (now) or regular Skeleton (now, and less-common than the Wither ones) in those, but sometimes I won't, initially. Dungeons, too even have a Spawner, but occasionally just because there's a Spawner, it doesn't mean anything's Spawned, just yet (though it seems Witches are much Slower to Spawn, than other things, including in say, the much-Larger Nether Fortresses). Yilante, 10 /28 /12 4:26 pm 18.104.22.168 23:26, 28 October 2012 (UTC)
 Potion Drops
When i killed 64 witches with fire aspect diamond sword, when they dropped potions the dropped only fire resistance potions. So maybe if you kill the when they are on fire their only potion drop is fire resistance. Like piggies drop cooked meat when they die on fire. Maybe? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Vilkkku (Talk|Contribs) 10:41, 20 October 2012 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Witches drop potions that they are visibly holding/drinking. When you put a witch on fire, she will drink Potion of Fire Resistance and then Potion of Healing. Try killing one after she drank the first potion and you'll get Potion of Healing. --mgr 13:34, 20 October 2012 (UTC)
Are potions following these rules for rare drops "Unlike most common drops, they only occur if the monster is killed by a player."? The description here suggests it's more a question of if they are on fire or something, and not about if a player kills them direct. Is this right?
 Confusion About Swamp Huts.
It says that witches spawn in swamp huts in the swamp biome.
Does this mean that if I build a swamp hut to exact specifications in a swamp biome, they will spawn in it?
Just like villagers won't turn up to populate your houses, no. Also, don't forget to sign with 4 ~. Noobnathan 20:54, 26 October 2012 (UTC)
But witches respawn (or so I've read) at the witch huts, so clearly they don't spawn in a way at all similar to villagers. The real question is, what identifies a swamp hut as a valid location for a witch to spawn? Is there a particular block? For example, does the cauldron perhaps have a special tag / metadata value that identifies it as a Witch's hut? 22.214.171.124 22:58, 26 October 2012 (UTC)
- I haven't seen the code yet, but I suspect it's similar to nether fortresses, using a different spawnable mob list for that small part of the world. Which area that spawn list applies to is determined by the world seed, not any specific blocks. -- Orthotope 04:04, 27 October 2012 (UTC)
 Witch Spawning Egg Bug
Yeah, I just tried to spawn a Witch on a creative world. As soon as I throw the egg, the witch appears for a split second, then vanishes... What the heck?
And to top it off, I spawned a map where a witch's hut was, and there are no witches!
I think this is a bug of some kind...
Durzan 14:31, 27 October 2012 (UTC)Durzan
- Set your difficulty to something other than 'peaceful'. -- Orthotope 17:52, 27 October 2012 (UTC)
 Witch Huts
Do witch huts generate regardless whether peaceful mode is turned on? --Radical Edward2 16:38, 19 November 2012 (UTC)