Sign your posts with ~~~~ and always add new posts at the very bottom after previous sections.
 Possible New Mob
See this Reddit post:
18.104.22.168 08:10, 19 November 2012 (UTC)
 They Did'nt move (by Loopy22364)
please note that all you are very wrong in thinking that the lost mobs were actually mobs in fact they didn't even interact with the player itself. when these mobs were added into the version 1.31 they were still Loopy22364 (talk • contribs • logs • block log) 14:22, 14 July 2012 (UTC)
- Objection, Rana Moved and so did the Steve Mob moved too, We have video evidence of that, google up Minecraft Classic Rana and you will see, also Early herobrine is (in my ideas) just the human mob retextured, Proof they moved Here (I found all the other mobs move but not with animations, is that what you meant? Arrran Weeviling 14:42, 14 July 2012 (UTC)
- It's more like they were static images sliding around.It's ahme, AJC! 17:35, 14 July 2012 (UTC)
- No animation coding did you mean? Arrran Weeviling 13:17, 17 July 2012 (UTC)
i personly belive that there should be villagers that fight and bandits
 animals made of bedrock? (by brinehero)
I have noticed while playing in creative that if you press the pick block key (middle mouse button) while pointing at an entity, you get bedrock. I have tested this with most "normal" mobs like cows and zombies, and also with primed TNT. I am yet to test it with paintings and minecarts/boats. I think this should be added under trivia? Brinehero 14:43, 30 July 2012 (UTC)
- It should be there, but it might of been taken off for the fact that in 1.3 when you pick block a mob, you get it's Spawn Egg, except for Endy/Golems.It's ahme, AJC! 16:40, 30 July 2012 (UTC)
- This is a bug in 1.2.5, not trivia, and it's been fixed in the 1.3 snapshots; see Known bugs/Version 1.2.5. -- Orthotope 16:53, 30 July 2012 (UTC)
 new mob idea
hey i got a new idea for a mob. what if in snowy biomes most likely in caves you could incounter a yeti. it would have a total of 20 hearts and dealed a three heart damage every hit. but you only encounter them rarely and when killed either drop pieces of wool (used in a coat recipe to survive harsh snowfall.) or rotten flesh. and in forest biomes it has a bigfoot counterpart. i have added new ideas to the fanmade disscussion page arrran weeviling 22.214.171.124 14:11, 5 August 2012 (UTC)
- Good Idea, Making a Image Now! Arrran Weeviling 17:22, 5 August 2012 (UTC)
- I like it two! but, this is not the place for ideas. Sorry. this is a place to document the game. However, We should make a page for ideas like this. but we should run that thoreau the Right people before doing this. Ask, then we will know if we even can. Hope this helps. :D Spencer10APSC 15:45, 6 August 2012 (UTC)
 Confirming that the Planed mobs are still Planed.
We should Ask, and Confirm that the Planed mobs like the Red Dragon, are still planed. some like this one have been "Planed" for mouths now, and may never be added to the game. Just asking, Should we ask and reconfirm that they are still planed? Tell me what you think about this. Thanks. Spencer10APSC 15:50, 6 August 2012 (UTC)
- Mouths? Arrran Weeviling The Inventor of the Cake Bomb! 16:29, 6 August 2012 (UTC)
- Yep. Maybe a Year or more... Something like that. Spencer10APSC 15:02, 7 August 2012 (UTC)
 1.4 Mob
Dinnerbone confirmed he is working on atleast one mob for 1.4 so can we like put it on the page or something btw any one know what it might be possibly horses --~Legobatman3609~ 00:59, 17 August 2012
- Hey Legobatman3609, I Found this link to the FACT that Jeb is going to add horses. (Not sure if he will add them in 1.4) Take a look here (  ) Or you could try this one (  ). Have fun! Spencer10APSC 23:22, 22 August 2012 (UTC)
I heard that in 1.4 the red dragon will be added and I also heard that horses are going to be added in 1.6 legobatman3609 ! ~TerdFlap~
u mean 1.6 full release? Lucius101 19:39, 2 February 2013 (UTC)Lucius101
 Where would Wither Go?
The wither is unused, it does not spawn, but with mods it can, It is planned, but in the Game.
I'd like to hear some views on this. Arrran Weeviling The Inventor of the Cake Bomb! 08:47, 31 August 2012 (UTC)
- That's because it's still in development. It's a hostile mob, same as the zombie villager. --M0rphzone (talk) (*How to remove sidebar*) 21:52, 31 August 2012 (UTC)
- You guys are idiots. It's a boss mob, so of course it's gonna be in the boss mob section.It's ahme, AJC! 12:14, 3 September 2012 (UTC)
- Excuse me AJC, but i'm trying to have a proper Discussion with people about this Mob, Don't ca;; people Idiots, I could spam your Page if i wanted (But i will not, Because i don't go into random Conversations and say "You guys are idiots." -Ajc1254, So please Don't do that Again! Arrran Weeviling The Inventor of the Cake Bomb! 13:04, 3 September 2012 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, there was no boss mob section during the time of writing, and currently still no boss mob section. Since we were referring to the current mob type headings, of course it will go under the hostile mobs. How old are you? Don't be a smartass. --M0rphzone (talk) (*How to remove sidebar*) 23:09, 3 September 2012 (UTC)
It could be boss, hostile, or utility. RogueJedi6 21:46, 30 September 2012 (UTC)
- Should be boss AND utility. It can be created by the player! --AMotohiko 10:51, 29 November 2012 (UTC)
new mobs for 1.4 are the wither skeleton and the wither boss wither skeleton's spawn in the nether and the wither boss must be created by the player using wither heads dropped by wither skeletons, and soul sand in the arrangement
kkk sss s k=wither skull s=soul sand
Durandle 12:39, 25 October 2012 (UTC)
 Mob chart.
I have put something together for fun. I don't know if it would be practical by any means...? 17:51, 8 September 2012 (UTC)
 More Info to Recent Trivia Edit
Something else I would like to point out related to my Trivia addition that I didn't feel was appropriate enough to mention there. I made and have been messing with a drop farmer using a Skeleton spawner (drop them 22 blocks for one-hit kill) and in the process of using pistons to make it a 23 block drop for items only, they can actually shoot you the very instant they come into view, literally a block before their death hit.
--Kanegasi ☺C 01:50, 12 September 2012 (UTC)
 "Prefix Mobs"
My main issue here is that the "Potential Future Mobs" section was put in place to list mobs that have specifically been mentioned, but not had much emphasis on regarding any development. I believe the massive, ugly-looking subsection that lists "prefix mobs" is unnecessary, not just because the idea for such mobs was mentioned briefly over a year ago, but that we technically have such mobs in the game (variants such as the charged creeper and spider jockey). I think it is nigh time the section is removed. - DarkAuk 14:47, 19 September 2012 (UTC)
- I agree that the section is bloated, but something involving prefix mobs would be nice. They are in the game and quite numerous so some sort of guide of the main types would be convenient, especially if more are added in the future. Maybe a separate page or a mention of the basic non-prefixed mobs somewhere would be in order. Officerpup 00:31, 20 September 2012 (UTC)
- Eh, still not really necessary. If people want to know more about a specific mob, they'll head directly to it. Less clutter = better. - DarkAuk 02:20, 20 September 2012 (UTC)
 Picture vandal
Someone messed up the mob icons. I would fix it but i dont know how.
- A temporary issue, caused by resizing File:EntityCSS.png. Clearing browser caches should fix it, if things still aren't displaying properly for anyone. -- Orthotope 07:34, 22 September 2012 (UTC)
I think that all hostile mobs with weapons/armor should drop what they hold no matter what, whether picked up or not, because it would make much more sense if a mob dropped what it had. I know that since all skeletons wield a bow that would make bows too easy to get and stuff like that. But then what about the fact that the bows are almost always near death? it would take alot of bows crafted together to produce a bow with full health. And it is a bit unfair that if a zombie has a sword that you cannot retrieve it, or that if a skeleton has chainmail armor you cannot retrieve it. Just an opinion, i know the wiki isn't a place for ideas and that is why it is an opinion that could be changed in a heartbeat (well however long it actually takes). Trigger hurt 21:00, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
i respect your opinions. And i think your ideas are fine. Samurottminecraftian 20:45, 19 April 2013 (UTC)
I've seen some cool mob ideas, like the Moss Golem, and liked them. I think a Sand and Cave golem would be cool, too. leave your opinion! -Cmanlol126.96.36.199 00:40, 27 October 2012 (UTC) Nice Ideas. I've also got a pretty cool Idea for the Wither Skull entity. You should be able to pick it up with middle click in Creative Mode and then stick it in a dispenser. They would be awesome A.O.E. ammo, but be warned: you could probably be banned for griefing if you use it to blow up a valued structure on the server:P188.8.131.52 20:22, 28 October 2012
Those things are for minecraft forum not for minecraft wiki. 184.108.40.206 19:38, 9 November 2012 (UTC)
 passive/tamed mob updates
as of 1.4.2 chickens now follow players with wheat seeds and need wheat seeds to breed tamed wolfs can bread tamed pup's with any raw meat(non-consumable for player) pigs now follow players with carrots and need carrots to breed sheep and cows still follow players with wheat and need wheat to breed
Durandle 01:52, 27 October 2012 (UTC)
 Zombie and zombie pigman babies in the unused section
Unused mobs are found in the source, but are not being used at this time. Through third-party modifications, it is still possible to spawn. That's EXACTLY the case with zombie and zombie pigman BABIES. Should we add them?
EnellGmz 13:48, 1 November 2012 (UTC)
 Are skeletons still shoot even if peaceful mode?
Hello, all! Does anyone still can reproduce 'skeletons shoot in peaceful mode'? MC-270 is fixed in 1.4.3, so shooting speed is reduced in current versions. I tested with 1.4.5 release and 64*9 spawn eggs w/ dispencers, and cannot reproduce this. So we can remove this sentence, IMO. --AMotohiko 11:12, 29 November 2012 (UTC)
- P.S. would you please add link to ja-JP translation ja:Mobs ? --AMotohiko 11:12, 29 November 2012 (UTC)
- It still happens, reducing the shooting speed still means that the skelly has a chance to fire. The bug is posted on the bug tracker as MC-596 too, hopefully they will get to fixing that. I still got shot in a dungeon on one of my 1.4.5 survival worlds, I nearly fell into the ravine below. #trigger_hurt(I|T|C) Check out my project! 12:30, 29 November 2012 (UTC)
In the article, it says jeb was considering horses. I think an extra note such as "However, this is unlikely to happen due to pigs now being rideable and steerable" or something. 220.127.116.11 08:06, 10 December 2012 (UTC)
- I agree that it is unlikely a new mob will be added just to duplicate the functionality of our fine porcine steeds. However, without a statement from Mojang on the matter, this is just speculation, which we try to avoid on the wiki. You could try asking Jeb on Twitter, and post here if he says anything about it. -- Orthotope 10:24, 11 December 2012 (UTC)
 Mobs and Mods
There is alot of monsters or mobs in minecraft, but, theres not just pig or creepers ect. Lots of mods contain monsters in them. Exaple, the jhon mod. Mod creaters make these monsters by using a program called techne. There is also many other things to make monsters with but on my perspective techne is the best.
- I don't know exactly what you are talking about, the mod itself adds an entity, Minecraft does not have scripts or codes for these mobs/items, and anyone could have a different opinion on what methods to use. This is not a place for mods or suggestions, this is a wiki for the default Minecraft (with the exception of a couple of pages). #trigger_hurt(I|T|C) Check out my project! 12:49, 10 January 2013 (UTC)
 Biome-Specific Functionally-Redundant Mobs
What about mobs differing aesthetically depending on the environment, but doing the same things? For example, cows would no longer spawn in the Arctic or Tundra--something like Yaks would. When killed, they would drop leather and steak, just like cows, and they could be milked and bred and whatnot, just like cows. Same applies for other mobs; they'd have some variability depending on the environment.
Also, I know this isn't a place for suggestions, but I have no idea how the forums function, so I would be very grateful if someone would move this over there and delete this from the discussion section (if that's possible. Again, no idea.) 18.104.22.168 03:40, 10 January 2013 (UTC)
- I was about to just remove this, but decided to be nice. The forums function by posting your idea just like you did here, but you need to be logged in to do it. Here's three links: register an account, go to the Suggestions section, and then start a new topic. Sorry if I sound rude, but if you knew suggestions don't go here, then why post one?
--Kanegasi ☺C04:34, 10 January 2013 (UTC)
 New mob in 1.6
Proof: https://twitter.com/jeb_/status/304301377818066944 22.214.171.124 19:00, 21 February 2013 (UTC)
- He actually said new mobs, as in plural. This should go on the bottom table of Upcoming features. Also, there doesn't need to be any review or any kind of application process for articles and information. If you have a proper reference, just throw it right in.
—Kanegasi ☺C19:28, 21 February 2013 (UTC)
 Surely, Iron Golem not being under neutral is a mistake?
--126.96.36.199 17:28, 3 March 2013 (UTC)
- Nope. They are with Snow Golems under "Utility". There is a note there explaining that they can be provoked, but since they can be "crafted", they are utility mobs.
—Kanegasi ☺C02:00, 4 March 2013 (UTC)
- Shouldn't they be both places? Wolves are listed as both tamable and neutral.--188.8.131.52 08:04, 17 March 2013 (UTC)
 New mob?
Recently I've been watching a Minecraft let's play on Youtube and I saw a mob called a Banshee on this video > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgYDofcFS38&feature=em-uploademail. And here's the mod list right here > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPBDR0-RINE. And it appears that there are no mods that would add any mobs so anyone answer please this question. Has a new mob been added to Minecraft?
184.108.40.206 03:46, 8 March 2013 (UTC)
- The comments in your second linked video indicate that this mod is also being used, which adds banshees, among many other mobs. They are not in vanilla Minecraft, and there are no known plans to add them. -- Orthotope 04:16, 8 March 2013 (UTC)
 Jeb WILL add Horses in 1.6?
I was on a server just walking around until in the chat someone found a image from Jeb's Livestream showing a few screenshots of horses. Could this be real??? http://i.imgur.com/IolehCH.jpg ~CraftMaster71020
this may be coming out of nowhere but has notch ever thought about adding horses. riding a pig seems silly.
220.127.116.11 02:22, 19 April 2013 (UTC)Zachary Austin
I was thinking about this, and I don't get why the hostile mobs that have empty eye sockets have such good pathfinding ability. For instance, Zombies have empty eye sockets and some of the best pathfinding in the game. How did this happen? Miraklemax 17:19, 28 April 2013 (UTC)