crafting recipe
1 gunpowder + 1 paper = Firework Rocket
1 gunpowder + 1 paper + 1 Firework Start = "Firework Rocket" "Flight Duration: 1"
2 gunpowder + 1 paper + 1 Firework Start = "Firework Rocket" "Flight Duration: 2"
3 gunpowder + 1 paper + 1 Firework Start = "Firework Rocket" "Flight Duration: 3"
1 gunpowder + 1 dye = "Firework Start" "Small Ball" "Dye Color"
1 gunpowder + "up to 8 dyes" = "Firework Start" "Small Ball" "8 Dye Colors"
"Firework Start" "Small Ball" "Dye Color" + "up to 8 dyes" = "Firework Start" "Small Ball" "Dye Color" "Fade to Dyecolors" –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (Talk) 16:59, 7 December 2012 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
 Where do you add the special effect pieces?
"You can also add several items to change the shape and the effects of the firework :" To the firework star or the firework? Cultist O 17:49, 7 December 2012 (UTC)
- So you add them to the star, I'm reasonably confident that you can't add them to the rocket, so we should probably remove that section from this page. Cultist O 19:32, 7 December 2012 (UTC)
- Good find. I was going nuts trying to reproduce it from the different recipes. I didn't think of adding it to the star recipe. --Kahless61 19:36, 7 December 2012 (UTC)
 Smaller images in the effects table
Those Images should be a lot smaller, and cropped, as there is a lot of empty space in them. I do think i like them in the effects chart though. Cultist O 18:17, 7 December 2012 (UTC)
- Reduced the displayed image size a bit, so the page doesn't scroll horizontally. I agree that cropped/better images could be used, if someone wants to make them. -- Orthotope 00:24, 8 December 2012 (UTC)
The visual grid recipe doesn't display the multiple Firework Star concept. I'm not sure how to do that. I'm wondering if maybe we could stick it in a different section? I'm also thinking it'd be nice to use different colors of the Star (e.g. two different colors in one recipe) to demonstrate the simultaneous explosion recipe. --Kahless61 04:06, 8 December 2012 (UTC)
 NBT structure column added into the effects table
I added a NBT column for the people among us who like to mess with NBT tags. please change it if you feel that something is wrong or inaccurate about the formatting or information Rdmgnrtdgy 16:29, 10 December 2012 (UTC)
I saw that, on the player.dat format page. Are there really TAG_Compounds labeled Explosion and Fireworks? It doesn't seem like the usual way of doing things for Mojang. I haven't had a look myself, it just seems... off. Firebastard 09:54, 15 December 2012 (UTC)
 I reckon Mojang should add a detonator or timer for the Firework Rocket.
I reckon Mojang should add some sort of detonator or timer for the firework rocket so people have the a chance to run back and see the fireworks more clearly or be able to let off multiple fireworks at once with the detonator so they can have their own little fireworks display/show. Would anyone agree with me? Hayabusa789 08:52, 17 December 2012 (UTC)
- They did, it's called redstone and dispensers. ;) 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 01:50, 17 December 2012 (UTC)
Yeah but something easier for people to use i mean i know it wouldn't be to hard for someone to set up a couple of dispensers and link them together but just something that it requires to be holding it and right click the fireworks you want to go off at once and then stand away from them and right click again and they go. Hayabusa789 08:50, 17 December 2012 (UTC)
- Run faster 22.214.171.124 23:58, 23 December 2012 (UTC)
 Don't put fireworks in dispensers
launching the firework out of the dispenser will just crash your game (end of stream) and if you stand on a pressure pad to try that, every time you try to relogin you'll crash so don't do that either –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (Talk) 02:43, 24 December 2012 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- launcing an "empty" rocket (without star) causes the server to EOS. This doesn't have anything to do with the dispensers. 188.8.131.52 00:39, 25 December 2012 (UTC)
 Max Firework Displayed
I'm setting off a 16x16 array of fixed firework effects by modifying packets server-side. The client is unmodified with particles set to all. Each firework has a 2ms delay on the previous one.
Codename B 15:10, 1 January 2013 (UTC)
Has anyone done the math to find out how many unique combinations there are? It's got to be billions at least since there are over 4 million dye combinations for armor. Add in fade colors, effects, rocket height...
Due to my humble calculations, which might be faulty, there are 5877750 types of rockets that don't look exactly the same, while technically, there are 6191910 different rockets with different data values craftable.
- Being a math junky, I decided to figure it out, and although there were probably some redundancies in my math, I'm quite sure I'm correct or at least very close.
- My calculations take into account:
- On Firework Stars: leaving blank slots, all 16 colors, all 5 shapes, and the 2 effects.
- On Firework Rockets: all the above with the addition of the 3 flight times and using multiple firework stars per rocket.
- Possible Firework Stars: 2,035,138,560 (2.0 * 109, 2 billion)
- Possible Firework Rockets: 144,596,532,472,853,875,918,507,017,587,300, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (1.4 * 1065, 145 vigintillion)
- 184.108.40.206 00:36, 4 February 2013 (UTC)
 I know how it works
First add 1 gunpowder and then add 1 dye color (Or don't use any "It may not work without it") Add glowstone dust (if you would like to) then add a wither head and you made a firework star (that has the creeper face firework) now add the firework to some paper and gunpowder (like how to craft a flighting firework which has no effect as the other boring one)
--192.168.98.65 21:31, 15 March 2013 (UTC) Thanks if I helped you all! ;)