New info
Notch confirms that Ender Pearls have a use now! -Sujamma 10:01, 27 September 2011 (UTC)
- It says "falling damage". So if you block when teleporting, you should be able to reduce the damage. Weird. --HexZyle 15:51, 27 September 2011 (UTC)
 Sometimes no fall damage from teleporting
Occasionally when teleporting with my hacked in enderpearls I suffer no fall damage. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (Talk) 23:37, 30 September 2011. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
 5 points fall damage?
"will result in 5 falling damage." Does this translate into 2.5 hearts or 5 hearts? I tested this and (making sure my hunger bar was less than 90%) got the result of THREE hearts. I tested again with full hunger and as I teleported I instantly healed a bit to make it SEEM like it was 2.5 hearts. A third test showed that blocking does not reduce the damage. -Lirsti --126.96.36.199 07:22, 2 October 2011 (UTC)
- No, it is 5 points, which translates to 2.5 hearts. Blocking does not prevent fall damage as of 1.9pre-2. (because that was a bug) --HexZyle 10:41, 2 October 2011 (UTC)
 Crafting recipe
I would make this minor and productive change myself, but I don't have an account on this wiki. I would like to reverse the order of the items listed on the left hand side of the crafting table thing, as well as complete the recipe. Not only would it stop bothering people with OCD, but it would be more clear anyway. It should be "Ender Pearl + Blaze Powder = Eye of Ender" Thanks. 188.8.131.52 14:54, 27 October 2011 (UTC)
 What happens when you teleport
I'm not sure if this happens every time, but once I teleported with my Ender Pearl, it vanished. If this does happen every time, I think this should be added to the page.–Preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (Talk|Contribs) 15:39, 21 November 2011. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- You... you must be trolling. You HAVE to be trolling. No one could be this stupid. --Saphireking65 16:29, 21 November 2011 (UTC)
 Teleportation and Fire
I believe that using an ender pearl to teleport clears the on-fire status imparted by touching lava. I accidentally touched some lava while in the Nether, panicked, and thought I'd see if this would work (Hardcore game). I teleported, took the normal teleport damage, was no longer on fire, and survived. I'm pretty sure that touching lava in the nether is typically lethal (even moreso if you also take the 2.5 hearts of damage from the pearl), so this would be a decent way to survive. --Samiamthelaw 17:20, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
- Edit: tested - doesn't work Samiamthelaw 19:36, 5 December 2011 (UTC)
 Teleport trick
If you throw an enderpearl at a distance while going through a nether portal (so you teleport to the nether before the pearl lands), you will be warped to a different location after entering the nether. Might work with the end too. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Cutmanmike (Talk|Contribs) 00:38, 5 December 2011. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Tested this and it only works on a server with someone else in the same realm as the enderpearl. Also works when throwing enderpearl in the nether.
if you hit a wolve with an ender peral it will become angry. this is especaly dangorus on peacfull mode. 220.127.116.11 16:24, 20 December 2011 (UTC)
- Hardly a surprise. Wolves tend to turn hostile if you throw things at them... DreadLindwyrm 16:36, 20 December 2011 (UTC)
 Feather Falling
I wanted to ask if using boots with feather falling reduces the damage taken by ender pearl teleporting since the damage is classified as 'falling damage' Donuts42 10:43, 31 December 2011 (UTC)
- Just tested it using single player commands, made an enchanted feather falling 4 boots. it seems to have a large effect, reducing to .5 and sometimes even 0 hearts of damage. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (Talk) 17:47, 3 January 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
 Lose Ender Pearls?
Im not sure but i wanted to know if I throw the ender pearl, will I lose it? I didnt find it on the page so yea I dont hav an account though 22.214.171.124 22:40, 13 January 2012 (UTC)
- That seems to be the case. Adding it to the page. —Fenhl 20:31, 17 January 2012 (UTC)
 Stacking Fall Damage
Since the damage from teleporting is classified as fall damage, does this stack with your current accumulated fall damage? For example, say you fall off a cliff and throw an ender pearl up to the top off the cliff, and you teleport before hitting the ground, would you take the fall damage accumulated during your fall when you teleported in addition to the fall damage from teleporting, or does your fall damage get reset to 5? NighttimeDriver50000 01:22, 2 March 2012 (UTC)
- If you fall from any distance, and throw a pearl and the pearl hits an object before you do, your velocity gets reset immediately after you take the 5 initial damage. Practically this means that if you're falling from a fatal height, throwing the pearl at any object will prevent your death, so long as it hits before you do.
- However, at max fall speed you will fall more rapidly than the pearl, somewhat negating the usefulness of this tactic. 126.96.36.199 08:27, 11 March 2012 (UTC)
 Ender Pearls are programmed to be unusable on Creative
It's explicit on the code. So, it's not a bug.
 Possible use of an Ender Pearl
I think that if you get 4 ender pearls and 5 obsidian blocks you should be able to craft a teleporter which you power with red stone to link two or more teleporters together so that when you use one you can teleport to another teleporter with no damage
- Do you have proof, 188.8.131.52? No!
- Don't post something like this if you're not sure about it!
- Datenegassie 14:58, 13 January 2013 (UTC)
 What is the Ender Pearl?
Do we have any idea what the pearl actually is in relation to the Enderman? Like Porkchops are a part of the pig, what is the pearl to the Enderman? 184.108.40.206 06:13, 28 November 2012 (UTC)