dec: 353 hex: 161
Sugar is a food item derived from sugar cane. Sugar is a necessary component in the cake and Pumpkin pie crafting recipes as well as an ingredient in brewing to create potions with speed effects. Neither sugar nor sugar cane can be eaten by themselves.
|Ingredient||Input » Output|
 As a crafting ingredient
|Pumpkin + Egg + Sugar||
|Ingredients||Input » Output|
Potion of Swiftness
|1.2||Sugar was introduced as an ingredient for Cake.|
|1.9pre2||Sugar's uses were extended by adding the Fermented Spider Eye crafted with a combination of Sugar, Brown Mushroom and Spider Eye.|
|1.9pre3||The Brewing Stand was added along with the ability to craft a Potion of Swiftness from Sugar and an Awkward Potion.|
|1.4.2||12w38b||Witches drop Sugar.|
- Sugar used to be oddly large from third person or other players view in multiplayer. It also appeared to be held from a different angle than other powder-like items such as Gunpowder and Redstone. This was due to a programming error fixed as of 1.0.0, which specified that sugar should be wielded as a "tool" in third person. This error is shared with Eye of Ender. This bug is still present in Pocket Edition and Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition
- One of the splash texts on the title screen is "0 % sugar!".
- Technically, sugar harvested directly from sugar canes is brown, not white.
- In Minecraft Pocket Edition sugar can be created, even though neither cakes nor pies can be crafted.
- In Minecraft Pocket Edition the details for sugar in the crafting menu it says that it is an ingredient for cake.