dec: 400 hex: 190 bin: 000110010000
Pumpkin pie is a food item obtained from pumpkins. Unlike cake or cookies, it can be crafted in the inventory, without needing milk buckets like cake or a furnace like meat. It recovers eight hunger points (), but its saturation value is well below bread and the like. The raw materials (Pumpkin, sugar cane, eggs) can be found in several biomes, and farmed almost anywhere.
|Ingredients||Input » Output|
|Pumpkin + Egg + Sugar||
- Pumpkin pie has a higher hunger restoration value than most uncooked foods, being the "largest" of the third-tier foods. It's an excellent choice for restoring a badly drained hunger meter, before eating something with more saturation.
- The crafting recipe for pumpkin pie is shapeless, and fits within the 2x2 crafting grid of the player's inventory. This makes it possible to craft pumpkin pie anywhere without a Crafting Table or Furnace, given the player is carrying the ingredients.
- It's still a third-tier food -- steak and cooked porkchops restore the same amount of hunger, and far more saturation, than pumpkin pie.
- Pumpkins are relatively rare, so it may take some time and traveling before the player is able to establish a pumpkin farm.
- Pumpkin plants are slow to bear fruit and only yield a single pumpkin per plant at a time.
|September 11, 2012||The first screenshot of pumpkin pies were posted on Jeb's Twitter.|
|1.4.2||12w37a||Added pumpkin pie.|
- Pumpkin Pie is the second most beneficial dessert in Minecraft; Cake restores more hunger, but has a very low saturation level, while Cookies restore 1 hunger point each ().
- Pumpkin Pie is the third dessert item in the game, and the only one that doesn't require wheat to craft.
- Pumpkin Pie's sprite shows the pie has partially been eaten even before it has been taken out of the crafting grid.