dec: 282 hex: 11A
Mushroom stew (or mushroom soup) is a food that can be crafted by combining a bowl with one of each type of mushroom or by "milking" a mooshroom with a bowl. When eaten, each bowl of stew restores and 7.2 hunger saturation.
|Ingredients||Input » Output|
|Red Mushroom +
Brown Mushroom +
Notes: The player can create Mushroom Stew in their 2x2 crafting area in their inventory since the arrangement of items does not matter. Unlike the individual components that create Mushroom Stew, Mushroom Stew items do not stack, so it is best to make one or two bowls at a time. Mushroom Stew can also be collected from Mooshrooms by right clicking with a bowl.
- If the player is near a swamp or mushroom biome or in the Nether, Mushroom Stew becomes a readily available food source that can be stockpiled and made on-demand.
- Even if the player has only a few mushrooms, they can be planted and grown into Huge Mushrooms with Bone Meal, yielding more individual mushrooms, or planted on the ground in light levels of 12 or less.
- The bowl is returned to the player empty after the stew has been eaten, and can be re-used to craft more.
- If the player has access to a Mooshroom, mushroom stew can be obtained trivially in unlimited supply, with no further effort required and no resources expended.
- Mushroom Stew does not restore as much saturation as cooked meats, so the player will have to eat slightly more frequently.
- While the ingredients and bowls stack, the bowls of stew do not stack in the inventory.
- Unless you have an (extremely rare and hard to find) Mooshroom, Mushroom Soup is harder to make/obtain than conventional meats.
|1.6||Mushroom Stew became easier to obtain when mushrooms were given the ability to slowly spread under certain space and light conditions. Mushroom Stew heals .|
|1.8||Mushroom Stew (along with Milk and Cake) was excluded from the types of food items that could stack in the inventory. However, Mushroom Stew became much more readily available since the new swamp biomes contained vine-covered trees with several mushrooms growing underneath them. Bone Meal could also be used on either type of mushroom to grow Huge Mushrooms that dropped several more individual mushrooms when broken. Also reduced mushroom spreading.|
|1.9pre1||Introduced more fungi sources with the mushroom biome, an island populated by Huge Mushrooms and Mooshrooms, strange red cows with red mushrooms growing on its back. A Mooshroom could be "milked" with a bowl to obtain Mushroom Stew; the player could use shears on Mooshrooms, turning the Mooshroom into a normal cow and dropping red mushrooms.|
|1.9pre3||Mushroom Stew can be crafted in the 2×2 crafting grid in the inventory.|
|1.2.5||The player milking a Mooshroom with a stack of bowls no longer results in receiving back a single bowl of Mushroom Stew.|
|1.4.2||Mushoom Stew restores instead of|
- In the Minecraft code, Mushroom Stew is called Mushroom Soup.
- If Mushroom Stew is inventory edited to be in a stack, eating it consumes the whole stack while only having the restorative effects of a single bowl. A stack can, however, be unstacked to get the full effect of each one.
- In the eating animation implemented in 1.8, the particles produced by eating mushroom stew contain wooden chunks from the bowl as well, implying the player is eating the bowl. However, the bowl is returned to the player after eating without any apparent damage, so this could be categorized as a graphical glitch.
- In addition to the above, eating mushroom stew makes a chewing or crunching noise, unlike slurping from a filled bottle or milk bucket, further implying eating the bowl. This eating sound is intentional because stew is a 'food'.
- Mushroom stew is the color of a brown mushroom, despite crafting including the red mushroom.