|This page contains content about features that are outdated, or have been removed from the game.
These features only exist in older, outdated versions of Minecraft.
Humans (later renamed Monsters) are mobs which take the form of clones of the default skin. They used to be created by pressing G while playing in Classic mode, but this function was later removed. If the player has a custom skin, any humans created will still use default skin and will not assume the look of the player. Humans could not create or delete blocks, they would just move around the map aimlessly, walking in slightly imperfect circles and jumping occasionally. Humans were affected by solid blocks, but strangely not liquids, walking through them as if they were air.
Humans used to be spawned by using a map editor or mod. When spawned, however, they pursue and attack the player. Strangely, they do not use the punching animation that a normal player would use, they only run into the player like a Zombie would.
Since Beta 1.8, Humans can no longer be spawned in game even with a map editor or mob spawner, the mob spawner will appear blank, no model will be inside, and no mob appears.
|Notch originally made the human model and skin to use in a top-down game called "Zombie Town". The skin has a goatee.|
|Pre 0.0.9a||Humans are added using the skin and model from Zombie Town.|
|Beta 1.0||The goatee is removed from the human skin.|
|Beta 1.6.6||The change log contained the message "Removed Herobrine". This was Notch "joking" when removing parts of the coding for the Human mob. This and the following three "Herobrine removed" mentions that appeared in Betas 1.7, 1.7_01 and 1.8.1 removed the individual class files for the Human, merely making it somewhat of a default mob. It could still be spawned, but it possessed the default health, (10 hearts) spawn conditions, (Light level 7) melee attack, view distance, and various other parameters shared by all other hostile mobs at the time. The mob at this time now was called "Monster" instead of "Human". The "Removed Herobrine" message was mentioned again in the Beta 1.8 changelog, where all the code for the human mob had been disabled/removed, and the ability to hack the mob into the game with spawn commands or spawners were removed. In the 1.0, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5 updates, Jeb wrote "Removed Herobrine" again, but as a "joke".|
- Humans were the first mob added, and also the last mob to be removed.
- Humans used the skin file named char.png in the minecraft.jar file.
- Humans, when spawned, may head to the left for half a second, before turning around to attack the player.
- As of Beta 1.8, humans are now classified as "Removed," as opposed to "Unused" as in previous updates.
- If a human spawner is placed in Beta 1.8 or later, the spawner will be blank and mobs won't spawn.
/give <player> 383 1 49, will give the player a white mob egg that says Spawn Monster. Right clicking with it will do the same as with other mob eggs, but will not spawn anything.
- Coding for the monster mob is actually still present. What actually was removed was the model.
- It is unknown if Humans exist in the Xbox Edition (pre-1.8). It may be true if you changed the version to pre-1.8, and you tweak the mob spawner to "Monster" via mods.
 See also
- NPC Villager - human-like mobs that move around their village
- NPC Village - the homes that the villagers live in