|This article is a stub.
Please help us by.
Demo mode is a demo version of Minecraft for users who have not purchased the game yet and would like to try it out first. Demo mode is very similar in functionality to the outdated PC Gamer Minecraft demo.
If you would like to try Minecraft before deciding to make a purchase, you can play the demo by registering an account, and clicking "play the demo" to play in the browser, or download the Minecraft game client (launcher) and log into your non-premium Minecraft account, then clicking the option to play the demo mode. This version of the game is 100 minutes long, or five in-game days. Not only is this useful to see if you will enjoy the game, but it is a great way to make sure your PC can handle the game as well.
Keep in mind, if you have downloaded the Minecraft client prior to August 1st, 2012, you will need to download a new version of the Minecraft launcher in order for it to be displayed. To do so, simply delete your old Minecraft launcher (and only the launcher), download the most recent version from the Minecraft site, then start the game normally.
The following restrictions apply when playing the game in demo mode:
- Only one preset world ("Demo_World") with the same seed ("North Carolina") can be played. Any world generation options, such as the world type, seed and structures, are disabled.
- Survival is the only available game mode. (Without level.dat editors or using /gamemode.)
- Multiplayer is disabled (but players can open the game to LAN, which can then activate some of the other modes).
- The game time is limited to five days (100 minutes real time). After the time runs out, players can still navigate though the world, but not interact with it. Resetting the demo world also resets the demo timer.
|1.3.1||12w16a||Added demo mode. During snapshot releases, minecraft.jar must be launched directly with
|1.3.2||Users can now play the demo mode in the browser.|
- If you start a LAN world, you can turn cheats on and use /gamemode 1 to use Creative Mode.
- The stronghold for this map appears at coordinates: 6.9, 30, -1154. The stronghold also appears to collide with a ravine and a mineshaft.
- If you have the launcher, and do not wish to type in your username and password, you can login with no user name and password.
- You can use mods in Demo mode.
- There are many caves at the ocean for this map, some at 342, 11, -45.
- An Emerald Ore can be found at 16, 32, -1121.
The contents inside the bonus chest