dec: 139 hex: 8B
Cobblestone wall is a block designed for decorative purposes such as gardens and are an alternative to fences. There are 2 types: cobblestone walls and mossy cobblestone walls. They work very similarly to fences, as they are 1.5 blocks tall to mobs. Cobblestone walls are more efficient at fencing off mobs than a two-block high cobblestone wall, costing only half as many blocks, and being more space-efficient as well. The drawback, however, is that a skeleton might shoot over the wall or a creeper could explode if a player is standing near the wall.
|Ingredients||Input » Output|
|August 16, 2012||Jeb tweets the first image of cobblestone walls.|
|August 17, 2012||Dinnerbone tweets another image of cobblestone walls.|
|1.4.2||12w34a||Added cobblestone walls.|
|12w40a||Fixed a bug where the mob AI considered cobblestone walls as blocks of normal height.|
|1.4.3||Cobblestone Walls are now 1 block tall instead of 1.5.|
|1.4.4||Cobblestone Walls are now 1.5 blocks again. The previous change was a bug.|
Issues relating to "Cobblestone Wall" are maintained on Mojira. Report issues there.
- Interestingly, mossy cobblestone walls name is based on the old name for moss stone and not the new one.
- When a fence gate is placed between 2 cobblestone walls (of either type) it will stoop down slightly to match the height of the cobblestone wall.
- If the fence gate is only placed next to only 1 (mossy) cobblestone wall, or vice versa, it will not lower.
- Although the cobblestone wall only raises at corners and ends, it will raise to support a solid or non-solid block placed above it.
- Cobblestone walls function the same way as fences, yet are placed in the building blocks tab of the Creative inventory instead of the decoration tab.
- Mob heads are the same size in width as the posts on a cobblestone wall.
- As of 1.4.4 you can no longer walk between 2 cobblestone walls placed parallel from each other with a less-than-one-block-thick space in the middle.
- You can connect both types of cobblestone walls together but not both types of fences.