dec: 456 hex: 1C8
The camera is an item and an entity in Minecraft. The textures of this item can be found by going into the files of the game.
As of version 0.3.0 (possibly earlier), the camera is a functional object in-game, obtainable only through inventory-editing. However, both its texture and operation are slightly bugged.
However, in the PC version, you can take pictures of the game without this item, you just have to press F2. Pictures (screenshots) of the game are saved in the minecraft folder through the screenshots folder.
To use a camera, equip it to your hand, then look in the direction you want the picture to be taken. Long-press the screen, and a camera will drop to the ground where you're standing. Step back, then press on the camera until it starts emitting smoke particles. The smoke means a picture has been taken, and the camera may disappear immediately afterward. Cameras have infinite uses.
The location of taken pictures depends on the device, either Android or iOS.
- Android: /sdcard/games/com.mojang/
- iOS: /var/mobile/Applications/Minecraft PE/Library/Caches/Screenshots/
It has been announced that the Camera may be re-added in the future, possibly an easier way to take pictures and share them with other players.
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.1||The camera was first found in the Pocket Edition apk file. On May 17, 2012, the item ID for the camera (456) was discovered and the object was seen in-game by players for the first time.|
- When held, the camera appears to be a light-red Music Disc which is the same texture as the music disc for 'Blocks'.
- The camera's stand appears as a dark-red Music Disc which is the same texture as the music disc for 'Chirp'.
- The "head" of the camera turns invisible sometimes, seemingly at random. It is unknown whether or not this is intentional.
- Images taken are usually covered by the camera's own smoke particles.
- When hit, it emits an "ooh" sound, like when the player takes damage.
- The camera seems to be based on the large format camera.
- Previously thought to be a block, the camera is actually an entity.
- When placed, the camera can be "hit" (damaged) only once, but when you do so it will receive knockback and play the standard player "ooh" sound.
- The Camera item and the tripod part of the camera originally had correct textures, but were removed as of version 0.2.0
- It is possible to take a picture of the menu screen by going back to the menu before the camera disappears.
- In update 0.5.0, the camera can be placed, but is invisible and sometimes still makes the "ooh" sound. It is unknown if this is intentional.